SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – TrueCar.com, the negotiation-free car buying platform, today released its November 2013 sales and incentives forecast, which shows the following:
- The new car unit sales forecast for November 2013 is the best November since 2003.
- For November 2013, new light vehicle sales in the U.S. (including fleet) are expected to be 1,211,120 units, up 6.3 percent from November 2012 and up 0.8 percent from October 2013.
- The November 2013 forecast translates into a Seasonally Adjusted Annualized Rate (“SAAR”) of 15.8 million new car sales, up 4.3 percent from October 2013 and up 2.2 percent over November 2012.
- Retail sales are up 1 percent compared to November 2012 and up .3 percent from October 2013.
- Fleet and rental sales are expected to make up 16.1 percent of total industry sales in November 2013.
- The industry average incentive spending per unit will be approximately $2,507 in November 2013, which represents an increase of 0.7 percent from November 2012 but a decrease of -2.1 percent from October 2013. Incentives are at their lowest levels since January 2013.
- Used car sales* are estimated to be 3,000,508. The ratio of new to used is estimated to be 1.2:3 for November 2013.
“Dealerships across the country continued to experience robust sales numbers in November, fueled by attractive discounts on the outgoing 2013 model year vehicles as well as several new, compelling 2014 model year introductions,” said Jesse Toprak, senior analyst for TrueCar.com. “We are on track to reach nearly 15.7 million new vehicles sold in 2013, followed by our forecast of 16.5 million units in 2014.”