FRESNO – The Big Fresno Fair was recently honored at the Western Fairs Association’s 91st Convention & Trade Show, in which roughly 125 fairs from throughout the Western United States attend to gather new ideas, attend seminars and participate in the annual Achievement Awards.
The Achievement Awards recognize the very best efforts that a fair puts forth for its community. This year, The Big Fresno Fair received 18 Achievement Awards, plus an Honorable Mention recognizing everything from the Fair Theme Logo to its 4.0 & Above Scholastic Achievement Program.
“I am just truly proud of our team and how we represented our Fair and community at the Western Fairs Association Achievement Awards. We garnered a lot of respect in the Fair industry with this year’s showing,” said John C. Alkire, CEO, The Big Fresno Fair. “The diversity of our 1st place awards speaks to the quality of our overall marketing efforts and programs across the board.”
At the WFA Achievement Awards Ceremony, The Big Fresno Fair collected a total of six 1st place, seven 2nd place and five 3rd place awards. Below is a complete list:
- Fair Logo Contest – 2013 Big Fresno Fair Theme Logo
- Electronic Newsletter – The Big Fresno Fair 2013 Fall InFAIRmation
- Black and White Newspaper Ad – Opening Day Fresno Bee Ad
- New Maintenance Idea – Foam Machine
- New Sponsorship Idea – 4.0 & Above Program
- How Did Your Fair Make the News – Big Fresno Fair Museum
- Outdoor Advertising – 2013 Big Fresno Fair 14’ x 48’ Outdoor Billboard
- Advertising Poster – 2013 Big Fresno Fair Entertainment Poster
- Commemorative Poster – 2013 Big Fresno Fair Theme Poster
- New Event or Exhibit – Discover the Dinosaurs
- New Children’s Program – Reptile House in the Meyers Water & Wildlife Tree with Complete Water Map of California
- Employee Recognition & Retention – Big Fresno Fair Employee Training & Incentive Program
- New Innovative Use of Technology – 2013 Big Fresno Fair’s “Fans & Followers” Day
- Fair-time Website – The Big Fresno Fair Website
- E-blast – “Last Chance to Save BIG on Pre-Sale Offers” E-blast
- Fairgrounds-Sponsored Event/Innovative Marketing Strategy or Concept – Spokes-N-Rods Car Show benefiting Terry’s House
- Community Outreach Program – Spokes-N-Rods Car Show benefiting Terry’s House
- Interim Events – International Hmong New Year
- Inspiring Collaborations – Partnership with Terry’s House to hold Spokes-N-Rods
During this year’s WFA Awards Program The Big Fresno Fair competed against other top fairs within the Western United States including Alameda County Fair, California State Fair, Orange County Fair, San Diego County Fair, Washington State Fair, Arizona State Fair and Calgary Stampede. The Western Fairs Association, a non-profit trade association serving the Fair Industry throughout the Western United States and Canada, offers an Annual Achievement Awards Program to recognize excellence and to share successful fair ideas and programs.